This is it! Finally it’s here.
After six years of holding the country hostage (no question now about the meaning of “party of no”)—
After thousands of Fox News stories full of arrogant and nasty liberals—
After untold campaign contributions—
We finally have what we’ve waited for. The dearly-bought gift—the tax cut, our tax cut has arrived in Congress!
Think about what we’ve done to get here. First some of the ground work:
– Republican Supreme Court justices Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch.
– Citizen’s United—liberating our money as protected free speech.
– The unprecedented Koch organization—funded by billionaires and with a staff of 1600 and billion-dollar budgets to control state and federal legislatures.
– A full complement of Koch people (e.g. Pence, Pruitt) in Trump’s government.
Then our messaging with Fox News and Rupert Murdoch leading the way:
– First one fabulous job of divide and conquer. We’ve made “liberals” even more detestable than “welfare queens”. What a line we’ve got: “They’re laughing at us and think we’re stupid. They’re stealing our jobs and our money. Can’t believe a word they say. Our team will bash their heads in when we win!” We’ve even got real liberals apologizing for our stereotypes! And then there’s racism…
– Next the subtler part—governments can do nothing, everything they offer is either worthless or for someone else. There’s quite a list of things governments can’t do: education, social services, medical care, even police (we just need “good people with guns”). Funny thing about all those wastes of taxpayer money—they’re things we’re already doing for ourselves.
– Finally a bit of warm and fuzzy nonsense. Jobs are gifts from corporations and rich people. Make us rich and we’ll take care of you!
Sounds like a tax plan.
And look now at what we’ve got. Let’s count the tax cuts:
– Estate tax. Only helps families with at least $10 M to pass on. Worth $1 B for Trump himself. Just for us.
– Tax rates. The top bracket is down to 35%, but that’s just the beginning. We’ll really get 25% with the new passthrough loophole (our lawyers will certainly take care of any fine print).
– Corporate tax rates. We’ve got the clout to get most of this as dividends or stock repurchases.
– Deficits. That’s a particularly good one. Those nonsensical growth predictions are just one more piece of the pie. The deficits will mean cuts in services and correspondingly lower taxes going forward!
It’s actually marvelous how this has worked out. We’ve got a tax cut before there’s even a budget! Exactly the way the world should be.
Where is all this going? Funny you should ask. There’s an article in today’s NY Times talking about it. It seems Mexico is actually doing something right. They’re not wasting money on parasites. People like us live in walled communities with their own security and service. Some of it they pay for, and the state does the rest. And they pay practically no taxes! The world as God created it!
The tax cut has come. We are saved.